Sunday, December 8, 2013

Update!

Hey hey!

Looks my schedule is more like two weeks per post, but at least I'm still on it!  AND - I have quite a few updates!  YAY, go me!

First - it's quite the winter wonderland outside.  Check out the view from my window:

Not quite Snowmaggedon, but it's pretty!
I don't think we've had real snow in a few years, so it's pretty nice.  Although, I'm so wary about Metro that I'm not going climbing today, since they might shut down for no reason!  Oh well.  It's nice and warm in my apartment, so I'm cozy enough to do this:

Boneyard Shawl in KnitPicks Imagination Loch Ness
Look at the pretty colors!
I didn't think I'd be making a Boneyard Shawl with this yarn, but I wanted something relatively easy to work on, plus it's cold in my office so I need something to warm me up!  It's knitting up pretty fast which is nice, and it's mindless knitting so I've been watching some random TV and documentaries as I knit.

I also started on this bib for my bf's niece.  I started it in the car on the way to Thanksgiving, and realized I had cast on WAY too many stitches.  It's big enough to be a bib for me!  It's a picot cast-on with a traveling stitch made with a left twist.


It's sort of on hold right now, as I try to finish this before Christmas:



As you can see, I am oh-so-far on the Mitt Envy fingerless gloves I've started.  I hoping they don't take toooo long, or at least I can get one done before Christmas.  If not, hey, I'll have a pair of fingerless gloves...in July.  haha.  This is yarn from Catskill Merino Sheep Farms.  I went to New York for Thanksgiving and stopped in their tent at Union Square and couldn't resist!  It's variegated black/grey, but still so beautiful.  And super soft!!  
I'm really bad at getting the right color in photos

Look at the pretty!!!!

That's all I've got for today.  Happy Knitting!
J



No comments:

Post a Comment