Sunday, February 7, 2016

Swatches and Tams

Hello friends!

Sending along a quick update on two projects I'm currently working on... one is now super secret, so all you get are the swatches:



These swatches are knit with Sweet Georgia superwash sport, that I had blogged about previously.  It's a lovely yarn to knit with.  Very smooth and the color variegation is so subtle.  When I washed the swatches to pin, I think the color got a little bit darker.  The pattern I am using is also a good pattern.  It is fully charted, which is causing a bit of cross-eye, but it's a repetitive pattern, so a little bit easy to memorize.  I am enjoying knitting it!  We are taking a trip to Jim Thorpe, PA this weekend, so I am excited to get quite a bit of knitting done!

The other project I am working on is a long overdue pattern.  It is a tam-o-shanter for Mr Fox, a stuffed animal my BF gave me years ago.  He's taken on quite the personality, so he's getting his own Scottish hat.



Currently it looks like nothing, or as Elizabeth Zimmerman says, "it'll look like a bag".  I can't wait to be finished so I can block it and it actually looks like something!  I followed the directions from Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears, except at an obviously much smaller scale.  The yarn I am using is my self-dyed KnitPicks Bare yarn!  I dyed it several years ago, for this very purpose, and I am just now getting to it!  sigh.  See below for a reminder of what inspired the color:

RAWR.  My hands are too short to actually knit! 
I'll make sure to take a photo when it's all complete!

That's all for now, just the quickie!  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment