Monday, February 29, 2016

Woo Lucky Extra Day!

Hi Friends!

I totally didn't blog this month, except for at the beginning.  Yay for the Leap Year!  I can squeeeeeze in that extra post.  Unfortunately, I have very little time until it's time for bed.  I've started this habit I call, "go to bed in a timely fashion and wake up in a timely fashion and try not to stay late at work as you do so."  I'm still struggling on that last bit.  Since I've started getting to work on time and not 30 minutes late, I've managed to be swamped with work and staying later.  This is working entirely as I didn't want it to.  sigh.

Anyway, on to knitting news.  I knit another hat!  This one is for my childhood best friend's new baby.  It's knit with the same Dream in Color Classy I used on my dad's hat, it's such a nice yarn.  And machine washable (supposedly, that's what the label says!).



I even sent it along with one of my tags, tied on with an orange ribbon!  Look at me, doing something purdy!  The pattern is Tin Can Knits Barley Hat.  A nice simple knit, that makes a lovely pattern.  Although there were a few moments when I wasn't paying attention and lost the garter stitch pattern and had to tink back.  Whoops.

In other news of messing up patterns - I had to restart my giant shawl!  wooooooooo!  I realized 90 rows in, I was reading the chart wrong!  I was reading it right to left for ALL rows, instead of only right-side rows.  Yea, I'm totally an architect, totally into details..... um.  So yea, this second go-through is going MUCH smoother, as the pattern actually makes sense on the wrong side rows! who'da thunk it?  People writing patterns actually KNOW what they're doing!  Sigh.

I leave you with a pondering Mr Fox.  Hurrah for March!


No comments:

Post a Comment