Monday, October 14, 2013

A slow week

This week was pretty slow with the knitting, but I did three fun things:
1) Undid the bind-off on the Simplicity Cowl.  It was actually easy.  I used this tutorial .  She made it really easy to understand, and even though I had a 'suspended' bind off, I still managed to understand I only interacted with the same stitches she was.  I was very proud of myself, but no pictures, sorry.  Maybe I'll do a tutorial just for that, but how do I get the camera to only look at my hands?  Do I need a tripod?
2) I bought new yarn.  And LOTS of it!  Lots for me, at least!  I knew I was getting ready to cast-on for another project, so I went to my LYS, Looped Yarn Works, and pet every yarn in sight!  Haha.  I forget how expensive yarn can be, and my naturally frugal (miserly? nah, I don't think I'm that bad, I have some shiny things) nature won over, so I bought Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in the Cobalt Mix colorway.  Still not the cheapest, but isn't it so pretty?


And then, on Friday, this popped up on my Facebook:

haha!  Frugality FTW!
ooooo, KnitPicks clearance??  I must investigate!  And investigate I did.  I ended up with several skeins of their Imagination hand-painted (socks for me and mom), two skeins of wool of the andes for the bf's scarf, and a couple of Bare skeins to try out some food color/kool-aid dyeing!  I'm so excited to get them!  I'll post more about them with photos when I receive!

I have never bought so much yarn, and it cost so little with the Knit Picks sale!  I'm really excited to try new patterns and techniques, plus using new yarns and needles (I still haven't used my circulars)!  Yay!

3) I was out in Pittsburgh this weekend for my bf's friend's wedding.  It was so much fun, and the food was super delicious - the bride's dad is a chef!  Omnomnomnom.  Not to mention, site-seeing in Pittsburgh involves seeing this:
It looks like Mr Rodgers trolley!

and this:
   
 
Rubber duckie, you're the one...
...plotting to take over the world! Muahahahaha! ::ahem:: 'scuse me.
All-in-all, a super fantastic weekend!  Unfortunately, it left very little time for knitting, and my cowl is still not finished.  Time to get cracking, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment