Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ah, sorry sorry!

Hey! Look, two weeks passed just like that...whooops.....alright, here's the quick download (of everything I've thought the past two weeks apparently)
1) Simplicity Cowl almost complete!  Length is finished and blocked, now I need to seam it together!  FINALLY.
It's pinned where the seam would be.

2) Here's my new yarn from KnitPicks in all its yummy glory!
Dishie Multi in Wave - I've already made a few coasters for the bf's apartment.  Also so I wouldn't have to watch Event Horizon with no distractions.  I need distractions during scary movies.  Good, but confusing.  It's on Netflix.  

Imagination sock yarn, Enchanted Lake.  I thought it would be a little more graceful, but it feels more childish than I care for.  It's in my "will trade or sell" pile on Ravelry, unless I find something to use it for.
Imagination sock yarn, Loch Ness.  I like these colors, mostly because I love the woods and the water.   Not nearly as saturated as I thought it would be though.  Quite lovely, might make a simple shawl from it.

Full Circle Wool, colors Latte and Mocha.  I'll probably make a scarf with these.  Also, not as saturated as I anticipated.  We'll see how they swatch up.  
3) I've been flipping though Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns.  And by "flipping through, " I mean looking at every pattern and putting a sticky note next to it so that I can use it somewhere.  hah.  It's an amazing book, apparently there are three of them??
4) I'm in cast-on purgatory.  I have Christmas presents to make, but I can't figure out which pattern I want, or which yarn to use, or even what kind of item I want to make (is it a cowl, a hat, an owl mug cozy?).  I really want to do something fast, but my indecision is telling me that is a lie.  Is this what they call "start-itis"?
5) My birthday's coming up, yay!  I'll be 30.  With no idea what I want to do with my life.  It's awesome.  In a really not awesome sort of way. boo.
6) Climbing buddy and I bouldered a V2 without completely tiring ourselves out, woo!  Only took maybe 4-6 tries, I can't really remember.  Who'd a'thunk it?  We're getting better!
7) Hallowe'en is this week!  I'm gonna be Batman!  And I'm climbing!  My harness will be my bat utility belt.  It'll be amazing, woo woo!
8) Christmas show at the USBG is coming up!  OMG.  It's already almost Christmas?!?!?!!
9) I watched a movie with Leslie Nielsen that wasn't a comedy.  I give you, Forbidden Planet.  Pay no attention the cover, it has characters from the movie, but no actual scene like that occurs.  I'm not sure if I would recommend this movie other than it's from the 50s and it's got some cute antiquated gender roles and thoughts on the future.  Also, we have a lot of catching up to do in our colonization of the rest of the solar system.  We're supposed have completely colonized the moon by 2015, if I remember correctly.

::takes a deep breath::

Alright, I've gotten some of the thoughts out of my head.

Have a good nite and great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment