Friday, January 22, 2016

Get out your old Weezer albums!

Greetings at the start of Winter Storm "My Name Is" Jonas!  It's blustery outside, and the city has decided to shut down.  What does that mean?  Well, it means I got to leave the office at 2pm today!  YAYYYYYY!


via GIPHY

I decided to spend my newfound free time providing a quick update on the blog, since I missed this past weekend.  I had a very good reason for missing this weekend - tasty homemade dinner with some friends, and then a rousing game of PANDEMIC.  It's a game where the whole point is to work together to save the world!  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?  We unfortunately didn't succeed, but next time... we got this.

In actual knitting news, the hat has been mailed to my dad, so here's hoping he receives it soon!  I lost the receipt, so I hope it doesn't get lost in the mail!

I went to Fibre Space in Alexandria last week as well, because they said they had Sweet Georgia yarn.  Lo and behold, they did!  And I bought a lot:


Well I mostly just bought a lot per my usual standard.  This is for my mom's shawl, and since I'm not sure what exactly I am making yet, I decided to err on the side of caution.  And it's pretty, so I'll find other uses for whatever is leftover.  And yes, I did wind that one cake with the winder dad made me.  Worked just as well the second time!

I enjoyed walking through Fibre Space.  It's much roomier than Looped Yarn Works (but LYW is in Dupont and an old townhome and has the same amount of variety, so you can't really fault the size).  I looked at the samples they had there, looked at the difference between fingering and lace, and decided to stick with fingering.  I may end up selecting a lace weight pattern, but I wanted to knit something a little bit heavier.  I hope she likes the color... she wanted more of a navy, but I didn't see anything I liked, so I went with a more modern blue-grey.  But the yarn is super smooshy and I love it!

I also have decided I want to learn how to knit Continental, because I am working on a double knit dishcloth, and it is taking FOREVER.  It takes almost 10 minutes to do one row!  And it's only 60 stitches!  So I'm hoping learning Continental will help the speed factor.  Maybe it will also just help the general gracefulness of my left hand.  It's pretty clunky.

Alright, I think today is a short post.  Will write more later, as I am snowed in this weekend.  

Jyoti

No comments:

Post a Comment