Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hat's Off!


Hello Friends! I'm punny!  haha.  Yup, the hat is off the needles, yayyy!  I finished knitting my Gather hat, and all I have left to do is weave in the cast-on end and block it!  Like I said previously, the pattern was simple, I did have some recalculation to do since my dad's head is so big, but nothing basic hat-making couldn't solve!  I used Dream in Color Classy yarn, and my fingers turned slightly green while I was knitting, so I'm going to rinse and block it to get rid of any bleed.  Check out some photos below! 
Head wound!

THUG LIFE


It even looks good inside out!

On another note, I said it once already, but I need to switch my blogging platform.  I don't know if it's user error, but it took me WAY too long to get those photos in.  I was trying to get them all in one row, but it won't let me.  If it do it, each photo becomes the other's caption and they can't move independently.  ARGH.

In other news, my sister gave me a Star Wars crochet kit.  I don't really crochet that much, but it looks like a lot of fun, and you make a really cute tiny Yoda and Stormtrooper! My first goal right now is to get my mom's shawl started.  I stopped by my LYS recently to touch yarn, I found a few that are nice, including Dragonfly Fibers and Knitted Wit.  There's also the ever-nice Wandering Wool, Udaipur Fingering.   I may also go to the yarn store in Alexandria one day.  They have Sweet Fiber yarn, and that seems very very nice!  I read about it somewhere recently.... can't remember where, sorry.

Non-knitting things:
P90X is mostly halted, as rock climbing has started again!  woo hoo!  We're pitiful!  Yay!  Haha.  We are back struggling on 5.7/5.8's.  It's hilarious.  Part of it is exhaustion, part of it is we have weak-sauce muscles, and part of it is we have forgotten how to climb!  wooo!  Also, I have toes.  Toes HURT when you put them in tiny shoes and step on your tip-toes on tiny holds!  ouch.  It's a pain that is terrible.  One amusing anecdote.  There was a 12-yr old (maybe, i have no idea) girl who we were chatting with, and she ended her statement with "I love it [climbing], but I hate it too!"  And I realized I can never escape Tony Horton.  Sigh.

I think that concludes today's blog post.  I was thinking about updating my Ravelry profile and get some of my new Knit Picks yarns in there!

Have a great week!
J



No comments:

Post a Comment