Sunday, September 22, 2013

Halfway done!

I'm working on the Simplicity Cowl at a steady clip (at least for me), and I am halfway done!  The scarf can wrap around my neck once as is, with no stretching/blocking, plus, when I actually weighed the yarn, I have used 50g, with 60g remaining.  I am good to go, wooo!  Sorry for the "It's 11pm-and-all-I-have-is-this-incandescent-lamp" photo, but see below for progress.



Doesn't this look like raw ground turkey?  Ahh, incandescent light with pinkish yarn.  Tasty.
I'm pretty thrilled about it, and pretty proud of myself.  I actually worked on it a bit at work one day, since I had to work late waiting for the engineers to send us something.  It was a little surreal.  My friend did comment on my knitting style - I think it's English.  I wrap the working yarn on my right hand and completely remove my right hand from the needle to work the stitch.  It doesn't seem very efficient, but it works for me.

In other news, bf and I did some shopping.  He was successful and looks very dapper now, with super professional shoes and bag.  I was not so successful, but I did get some amazing turquoise Cole Haan flat shoes for $30!  woo hoo!  This weekend also included an always-fun festival at the Botanic Garden (the Junior Botanist Festival), where I saw some ferns that gave me some pattern ideas with their sporangea; and weiner dog races.  And what could be cuter than weiner dog races?  A weiner dog race where one of the contestants is wearing a lobster costume!  ("of course," you say.  "That was exactly what I was expecting.")

The lobster dog also did a little dancing trick during the trick competition.

Okie dokie, short post today.  See you all next week!  I may try and post again during the week, but we'll see how work and other adventures play out.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment