Monday, September 2, 2013

Introduction & Current Projects

Hi all!

I'm trying this "blogging" thing again.  But making it simple - trying to keep it short and sweet, and post photos periodically.  Nothing as intense as all of my previous blog attempts.  As NerdFitness taught me:  Simplify. Analyze. Modify. Dominate. Today is a general introduction plus first post.  I'll try to post once a week, mostly to keep up with my current project status.  That's right - this is a knitting project blog, with everything else thrown in.  I'm trying to get better with knitting - knitting more frequently, and keeping track of my progress, just so I can feel accomplished.

*Intro*
This blog is called knots, not just because that's the simple description of knitting, but because that's how my brain usually feels - tangled up in knots!  I get distracted easily, switch subjects constantly, and then find myself flabbergasted at what has just happened!  :)  Hopefully this blog will help sort things out.

*Knitting*
My ravelry profile is jyopatknots.  Please look me up!  There's not much on there just yet, a)because I haven't done that much; b) I forget to take photos of stuff I have done.  I've been knitting about 2 years, mostly off, sometimes on.  I initially started because some friends from the Botanic Garden were getting together to knit, and I decided to join them....even though I had never touched needles before!  We still hang out, however, we only had one knitting session, lol!

*Projects*
I'm currently working on the Simplicity Cowl by Cedar Walters, in the Azalea colorway of Wandering Wool's Saranac fingering for my sister.  She asked for a cowl, and it was incredibly hard to find one I thought she would like, plus one that wouldn't be too repetitive!  She gave me a couple options, but as she's moving to Houston, I didn't want to give her a big fluffy one either!  It's going pretty well, but I am having stitch count issues.  I tend to knit late at nite, and I'll start getting sleepy....and I'll forget a move, oops!  But it's going well, and I am making some modifications, mostly in just how much I repeat the pattern.  We'll see how it turns out!




I'm also working on some never-ending socks that I started ages ago!  It's just simple socks, and I added some stitches that I wanted to try to them.  They don't match.  It's taking forever, because I'm getting bored, but I know I'll love them when they're done!   They're so soft and squishy! Hopefully next week I'll have an update.  They are knit in KnitPicks Stroll, Duchess Heather.

In the queue is another cowl for the other sister.  To be knit with Verdant Gryphon's Eidos in The Dragon King's Daughter colorway.  Haven't decided on a pattern yet.  Was going to do Irish Mesh Cowl, but I don't have the right length of circular needles, so I may try something else instead of spending more money on something I don't know if I will like.  We'll see.

*Other Life*
Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.  :)

Alright, I think this is good for a first blog post (so much for short and sweet!)  See you next week!  Happy Labor Day, enjoy the day off if you have it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment